There has been a discussion on the Everyday Matters Group about doing some speedy blind contour drawing while being in a car and stopping for a red light. Hmmm…one thing, it is not advised when you are the driver, but it can certainly be done when you are the passenger. That’s what I did this morning. I didn’t do it “blind” nor while waiting for a red light. I did it while we were on the highway going to work. So everything passed by so quickly that I had to start while the object is still in a distance. If I couldn’t finished the sketch after we passed by the object, I had to draw whatever is left from what I could memorized. So they are very quick sketches of 5-10 seconds in ink. I colored the page in the car too, and at home I applied a bit of water with a brush. It was really fun and challenging to do.
Where were these sketches made? Where are these things located?
- Classic windmill on the left is located in Breukelen.
- Classic windmill on the right is located in Vinkeveen.
- We passed by this motorcyclist while approaching Holendrecht
- Modern windmill on the right is located near Holendrecht
- In the bottom middle, is station Amsterdam RAI
- The cranes are located nearby the station.
- The trash containers in the middle are located near the ING House